- 2 pieces of tightly woven cotton fabric measuring 8” X 14”
- 2 strips of fabric measuring 2” X 6”
- 4 strips of fabric measuring 2” X 18”
- 6Threaded sewing machine
- Cut 2 pieces of fabric measuring 8” X 14”
- Cut 2 strips of fabric measuring 2” X 6”
- Cut 4 strips of fabric measuring 2” X 18”
Fold both 8” X 14” fabrics halfway, having the wrong side showing
*note: the back side of the mask needs to be easily differentiated from the front, by either a different pattern, or by using the wrong side of the fabric out.
Overlap both fabrics and pin them together and stitch a straight line (1/4” seam allowance)
Flip the pocket inside out and iron it flat
Now, you have to sew four pieces of ties for the mask, to do so, Fold 1/2” and iron on one end of all four pieces of fabric strips ( 2” X 18” )
Fold 1/2” on both sides of the 2” X 18” strips and iron all four pieces well.
Make all four pieces ready like the picture below and stitch a straight line along the edge of the folded strips.
- Make 3 pleats
- The total width of the mask after pleating should be 3 1/2”
- Leave 1” at each end and made three equal pleats in the middle
Now, place the rough ends on both edges of the strips on the front side of the mask and stitch a straight line, leaving 1/2” as seam allowance.
Now, place two pieces of fabric strips (2” X 4”) over the edge, where you just sewed and flip it over and stitch a straight line on each end of the mask.
Flip the remaining fabric of the strips and iron both sides well.
Now, fold 1/4” first (like in the picture below) and then 1/2”
Now, fold the remaining part of the strips and stitch a straight line along the edge on both sides of the mask.
Stitch another line on all four ties to hold the mask well like shown in the picture below.
Now, your mask is ready!